An easy-drinking cocktail from the Lost Plate baijiu cocktail kit*, the ‘Lost Plate’ This is actually a very mild drink, and while it goes down easy you start to lose the baijiu profile a bit.
Our tasting panel said:
“This much soda water really neutralizes the baijiu”
“It’s really mild, the lime flavor combats with the baijiu a bit”
Our take: Sure. It’s good, but maybe needs a punchier kick. Next time we’ll juice it up with more ginger and more or spicier peppercorns
Items marked with a * are included in the Baijiu Cocktail Recipe Box.
- 2 oz Ming River Baijiu*
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz cinnamon anise simple syrup (cinnamon and anise provided in the kit)
- ½ oz Portland Syrup ginger flavor*
- 5 oz soda water
- 2-3 drops Portland Bitters Project Aromatic Bitters*
- Crushed peppercorn kernels
- Combine Baijiu, lime juice, Ginger Portland Syrup, and cinnamon anise simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 20 seconds until cool.
- Fill collins glass halfway with ice.
- Strain cocktail into collins glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Add 2-3 drops of bitters.
- Crush 3-5 peppercorns with flat side of knife and sprinkle crushed peppercorn on top.
See the full recipe at https://lostplate.com/recipes/slice-of-baijiu-paradise-cocktail-recipe/.
*We’re reviewing the whole kit separately! This is a really interesting package of ingredients and a compelling way to learn about and experiment with baijiu. This post will be updated with a link to that full review soon.